Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Semester 5, Week 13, Monday

Personal weakness? Negativity. Without a doubt. Not the only weakness though.


Just over lunch, I was rambling to the parents about what a boring semester I'd had. Plans had been made to spend a Monday studying at Uni. Booking a study room for the pending study date was the real motivation for going to Uni. It helped that I didn't have to take the bus there or have to rush home for anything.


I was making my way to the Science library when I got an unexpected call from a friend asking me where I was. I decided that I wanted to spend time with this friend of mine and that I would also prefer to not have to study alone. So I made my way to Reid. We got a spot in a quiet study zone (yuck!) but because it was too warm after awhile, we decided to move downstairs. To the cafe. That usual spot. I walked towards the spot with the biggest grin in my head. You can say I was more than happy to be back in that spot with my study buddy. :) Sure things are different from before, but good times cannot be compared. Then came another friend, who made a quick stop for coffee and my guild card. :p


I decided to boast that I was at Uni. And along comes my darling friend whom I love to annoy . It barely annoys him I'm sure. He would gotten so used to all the silly, sweet and funny things that I say to him but he just has to say to me that I'm annoying. Pffftttt! In any case, he came looking for me in the cafe too. He sat down in his formal clothes and I looked at him and thought, what a long way we have come. I met him in my first semester, never expecting to be this close to him and now in my final semester, I'm remembering our first night out together and I still have silly times with him, consisting of walking each other up and down to where we need to be only to split halfway.


It really made my day to have my last week of Uni begin so wonderfully. I would never know what made me turn up at Uni this fateful Monday. For all that I've been complaining about, this day of Uni truly brings my 2 and a half years at UWA to a memorable finish. All I need now, is for this final set of exams to be smooth flowing and for my first paper to be as wonderful as my first day of my last week of Uni.


I guess not all Mondays are meant to be blue. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment