Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Little Things That Count

Introducing Ashley, my 8 year old sister and room mate who knows too much for her age and is hardly ever lost for words.

Ashley: You can sleep on the bed and I will sleep on the mattress and then we can talk. Yeeeeeee!!! ^^
Me: What are we going to talk about?
Ashley: Life.
Me: Do you have a life?
Ashley: Yea. I'm already living it.

If we could be this simply contented with our life! Sometimes it really is the simple things in life like friendships that matter most.

Our family was most recently blessed to have my mom's family come over and spend time with us. Along the way, we also celebrated my parents' 25th wedding anniversary and my graduation. Praise God for all of that! Even though the house was really crowded with 5 extra people living in it, it was just fun to have everyone together. A friend of ours offered to host some of our relations but they decided that they wanted to cosy up with us and would be happy sleeping anywhere. Immediately, we sacrificed our beds and quickly arranged new sleeping arrangements so that everyone would be comfortable.

It has been a long time since we had non-stop laughter and chatter in our place and instead of always retreating to our rooms after the dinner chores, everyone stayed out to do their work and be part of the chatter.

I had a call today from one of my best friends. He told me someone told him I was beaming throughout my whole graduation. I told him of course! Because I haven't had time to see my friends in ages and I loved being able to have their company again.

Even at work, what keeps me going are the funny conversations and the lovely people I get to meet.

Such are the little blessings and cheers in my life that make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment