Friday, April 22, 2011

For All You've Done


Sometimes I get so preoccupied with my own hurts and troubles, I forget I’m not the only one battling these wars. I don’t think I’m very good at comforting people and perhaps that’s why people don’t trust me enough to tell me their problems or don’t feel compelled to want me to be there for them. They don’t know that I want to be there for them and I get angry when they don’t trust me enough to be there for them.

I’ve been helped out by a lot of people in my life and in my past 3 years here in Perth, I think I’ve met some of the most wonderful people who have been there for me. I love the way they try to comfort me and the way they reassure me telling me to have faith in myself. The way they love me and make me feel like the world! For each and every one of these people, I am truly grateful to you. I’m even more grateful to you when you let me give back and allow me to be there for you when you’re down.

Quite often I feel people do not understand me. I don’t seem to be able to successfully put my thoughts and feelings across in one fell swoop. I seem to beat around the bush. Maybe it’s my insecurities making me feel that I haven’t done enough or that people do not understand whom I am. It comes as a surprise to me when someone accurately describes my thoughts. I find it so hard to believe that sometimes, I reject what they say.

At a time where I know that people are struggling with their personal problems and I am now given an opportunity to be there for them, I just wanna say thank you. To all those who have been there for me, you know who you are, please claim your credit now. Thank you for listening to all I had to say, especially my endless, boring AND repeated rants. Thank you also for the advice you’ve given me, thank you for making an effort with me, knowing me and making me feel that I mattered. Thank you for making my world brighter :0) More importantly, thank you for giving me love and for teaching me to love others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment