Sunday, April 10, 2011

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I am a big fan of perfumes and maybe sometime in the near future, I'll feature them. In any case, it's been a long time since I've bought a bottle of perfume simply because I already have too many and at present cannot finish using them. Perfumes are one of my indulgences! So it's always a joy to be able to buy a perfume, even if not for myself and in that shopping experience, it was my recent privilege to discover KATY PERRY!



If you don't already know it, Katy Perry has her own perfume. Yes. She joins the longest list of celebs with a perfume to their name. I too have my own perfume! *obviously jealous*

With only 15 minutes to spare before having to pick my brother up, I decide that I can make it and I walk into Myers. I walk two rounds and I'm like this is all very mind-boggling. I escape to Perfume Connections to look for Rihanna, which is amazing as well! The plan is to buy Rihanna for my friend but unfortunately, Rihanna has sold out in all Perfume Connections and nearly ALL MYERS?!?!?!?! The bizarre-ness which goes to show how good her new perfume is.

Because we are out of options, I turn to Marnie who is brilliant. She introduced me to a wonderful selection of sweet-ish perfumes. The first perfume she recommends as being similar to Rihanna is Katy Perry.

Purr by Katy Perry has opening notes of citrus, peach, apple and green bamboo that give it a fresh and sweet scent. Its support notes include a delicate bouquet of jasmine blossom, pink freesia and Bulgarian, balanced by vanilla orchid, white amber, creamy sandalwood and musk. You can probably already tell that Purr is rather girly, and targeted at a younger audience. It's design is a uniquely shaped, gorgeously rich purple colored bottle.

I spritzed this in the car last night without telling anyone and my friend goes "Oh! That's really nice!" There isn't much to hate about this scent unless you dislike sweet stuff or dislike vanilla. Purr WILL leave you feeling confident, gorgeous and sweet-smelling all day. I particularly recommend it for young females with a hidden feminine side. It's more of a scent for night time too. This will be subtle yet blatant display of your feminism without being overbearing. Its scent is not overpowering, is long-lasting and best of all, it's affordable. 

The bottle that I bought was only the second bottle sold by Myer @ Carousel which makes the birthday girl among the first in Perth to become a proud owner of this gorgeous perfume. Purr was not among my top 3 choices. After sampling about 12 other scents, and feeling very torn, I took a leap of faith and picked Katy Perry, and she hasn't let me down.

Katy Perry, you get my seal of approval. Now, to receive that complimentary bottle of Purr for amazing advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment