Thursday, August 5, 2010

Comfort Zone

It seems that every time I go to camp/retreat, I'm forced out of my comfort zone in some way. Sometimes it's getting put with people I'm not familiar with, being out of the service team, being a DGL, being in a different group away from friends, being in a place I don't like, etc. The one I hate most is being away from friends.

This time round, this retreat, I've got my 2 best friends with me and though we've each got our different roles, it will be great to know that anytime I need them, they'll be there for me. I am however, still missing 4 great friends who can't be there with me. They've each dropped out of the camp one by one. Slowly but surely. And that alone, is enough to shake me. I keep wondering what I'm gonna talk to people about, who I'm gonna hang out with, whose team I'm gonna be in, whom I'm gonna eat with, work with, etc etc. I'll tell you I'm socially awkward but you won't believe me. I don't make friends easily and that's why it's hard when I'm put in a situation without my close friends. I'm uncomfortable.

One thing that does stay consistent is that I'm always a part of the music team. I like it. That despite everything, I've still got one comfort zone. My black and white comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment